Dave Plowman

Default Pipe Bending

In article ,
PoP wrote:
The beauty of a pipe bending machine is you can bend the pipe near
anywhere along its length. Don't fancy your chances of getting a spring
out from the middle of a 3 metre length.

When I used to use a bending spring (several years ago now) I found
that a straightened out coat hanger did the business. You can probably
also use curtain wire.

It will depend on the bend, but I suspect the old soft copper didn't grip
a spring like the modern stuff does. Besides, the modern stuff will simply
crinkle if you try and bend it more than a few degrees with a spring.

However bending springs are 20th century

--
*Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid altogether *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn