Mac Cool

(BeniBoose) said:

They keep showing off some old furniture made out of
oak. Eurk! Arts & Crafts has been all over the magazines for decades.
Thousands of versions have been made of the same damn coffee table,
nightstand, bed, dresser, chest of drawers, etc. Can we see some other
projects made with something else than oak?

I like Wood magazine. I actually build furniture for myself and others
and with Wood I can outfit my house with a style of furniture that is
attractive, popular and matches. SWMBO loves mission style furniture and
she drools over every issue.

Another thing I like about Wood is that some of the furniture is fairly
complex and they use a variety of tools and skills in construction.
Sometimes they might hand cut a tenon and chop a mortis, another time
they might use biscuits.

Wood is not doing the same project over and over, they are doing series
of related projects. One issue might be a dining room table, then a
chair, then a sideboard... if you notice, they all match. I don't know
of any other magazine that does that.

You know, you can use ANY wood you like to build your projects.

If you want to see furniture to drool over and marvel at, take a look at
Woodwork. Some of the Brit magazines features some marvelous
craftsmanship also.
--
Mac Cool