Greg

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:37:37 -0500, "Bob Shuman"
wrote:

Does this receiver have a separate pre-amp to power amplifier output at the
rear? If so, then check out the signal coming from the pre-amp before it
enters the power amp by using another units power amp. You can usually feed
the signals from the pre-amp output to another units AUX input. If the hiss
is gone, then the problem has been narrowed to the power amp. If the hiss
remains, then the problem is in the pre-amp.

It has outputs marked "pre amp & mixing record". Setting the SX-9000
on FM, when I run cables from that to my Harmon Karden HK395i
receiver/amp's tape in I don't hear anything (including hiss).
However, if I run these same cables from the SX-9000's "Tape A Rec"
outs to the HK's tape in, I can hear the FM signal (with no hiss).
Does this mean the pre amp is broken? Would I get any sound out of
the Pioneer amp if the pre-amp was shot?

Thanks,

Greg