Jim Yanik

"James Nipper" wrote in
:

Neutral connects, check voltage.

-----------------------------------

Once again, what does this mean ???????? I bet an electrician would
readily know waht those four words mean, but the original poster is
not likely an electrician. That response provides NO information,
whatsover. I presume that you hold valuable information, but are
somewhat limited in conveying it to others.

Could you try again ??

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

--James--

Your house has TWO incoming 'hot' wires that between them develop
220VAC,but between each and neutral,develop 120VAC.
Neutral is the return path for each 120VAC leg,a loose neutral means your
voltage could climb higher depending on how much resistance is in the
neutral path from any receptacle/appliance.

Since you have such little experience or knowledge,you should contact an
electrician instead of attempting the checks yourself.
(It could save your life.)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net