Allen S.

i may give that a shot -- i already moved some heavy stuff next to the unit
but it didn't stop the problem...

"Terry" wrote in message
. ..

"Allen S." wrote in message
nick -- what would that do. would it show the vibration pattern or

something
or are you saying it'll work like magic fairy dust and make the problem
go
away...)

wrote in message
Allen S. wrote:

...if you just barely touch the ceiling the vibration will stop but
give
it about 30 seconds and it'll start back...

Can you sprinkle some sand on top of the ceiling?

Do you mean lay a bag of clean dry sand up there, on top of the ceiling
sheetrock, to dampen the vibration.
Cheap and might be worth a try?
Should certainly change the 'resonance frequency' of the ceiling which
sounds like it is acting as sound board?
After all if the vibration is that severe anything/everything in the house
that could vibrate at an annoying audible frequency could be shaking and
rattling.
Enough to keep one awake nights?
If the sandbag doesn't work as a sound dampener, use it as weight ballast
for winter driving! Winter time we have four bags of sand/gravel plus iron
weights in back of our pickup truck. Also at a pinch put some sand under
the
driving wheels to get traction on ice!

---