James Lerch

On 28 Aug 2004 18:27:56 -0400, (DoN. Nichols)
wrote:

In article ,

James Lerch wrote:

I'm currently on the hunt for a nice water cooled 2mf cap, but not
having much luck. Most of the ones I'm finding or for high voltage,
not high ripple current.

Am I reading this correctly? You're looking for two
*milli*-Farad capacitors? (0.002 Farad or 2000 uF (micro-Farad)?
(Granted, back in the old days, 'm' was used as an abbreviation for
"micro", but that got dropped about the time that they started calling

Yes, no, maybe... ahhh dang it

(after some research, I say) YES.... 2000uf or 0.002 Farad.

This is almost as bad as measuring air pressure.. PSI / ATMs / Torr /
mmMg / Pascals and a few I probably don't even know about yet... :0

Take Care,
James Lerch
http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm (My telescope construction, Testing, and Coating site)

Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
Calvin Coolidge