Nathan Critchlow-Watton

Default Cooker hood wiring again!

"John Greenwood" wrote in message m...
Hello,

Sorry for another post about this, please bear with me.

My goal is to install the following cooker hood with no visible wiring and
be able to isolate it for changing bulbs/filters safely.

My current thinking, thanking all those who replied last time, is:

Install an unswitched 13amp socket behind the chimney into which the hood
will be plugged in.
This socket is then wired to the nearest double socket on my kitchen ring
circuit via a visible 20amp DP switch.

There was an existing 13 amp single socket above the cupboards in the
kitchen; when we took the cupboards down I moved the socket to be
hidden behind the chimney as you describe, and plugged the extractor
in there. The single (switched) socket is itself a spur from a double
socket behind the cooker.
No problems with damp or steam so far - and the kitchen gets pretty
steamy, even with the extractor hood!

nathan