DoN. Nichols

In article ,
James Lerch wrote:

Currently I'm using 12x
0.1mf caps in parallel as the tack capacitor,

[ ... ]

I'm currently on the hunt for a nice water cooled 2mf cap, but not
having much luck. Most of the ones I'm finding or for high voltage,
not high ripple current.

Am I reading this correctly? You're looking for two
*milli*-Farad capacitors? (0.002 Farad or 2000 uF (micro-Farad)?
(Granted, back in the old days, 'm' was used as an abbreviation for
"micro", but that got dropped about the time that they started calling
the really small ones 1.0 pF instead of 1.0 uuF).

Normally, I ignore spelling in postings, but when it can change
the meaning, I have to ask.

For large capacitors made for both high voltage and high
current, check out Maxwell Labs (if they are still around). They made
the caps which we used to use for high-speed flash discharge to pump
Nd-YaG lasers. They were probably not cheap -- but since I never had to
buy them myself, I don't know what they cost. :-)

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564