Nate Perkins

"Fletis Humplebacker" ! wrote in message ...
"Nate Perkins"

I agree that to the extent a tax cut is stimulative and results in
future economic growth then it is a good idea. You will have to show
me evidence that Bush's tax cuts are stimulative enough to even come
close to paying for themselves. The rising deficits are evidence to
the contrary.

You don't suppose there's other factors involved? Like expenditures?
Why do you refuse to look at government spending?

If you look at my other posts in this thread I think you will agree
that I am very willing to look at government spending. It is way too
high. I am a fiscal conservative and would love to see smaller
government. What boggles me is that so many guys who claim to be
fiscal conservatives are still willing to support George Bush,
although he has increased government spending far worse than "Slick
Willie." He's as bad as a "Liberal Democrat" on this.

Even Reagan understood this concept, which is why (in addition to
cutting taxes) he also had to raise taxes three times to slow the rate
of deficit growth.Even then, deficits skyrocketed under him. Even
GHWB understood that you had to slow the debt, which is why he broke
his "read my lips" pledge and lost the reelection.

Deficit growth sounds alot like spending too much money to me.
Reagan, like Bush, had to also spend heavily on the military.

Right, a deficit is the difference between government receipts and
government spending. Reasonable presidents have understood that the
two need to be reconciled. Dubya (apparently) doesn't.

Only Dubya seems to fail to understand the need to bring down the
debt.

He's trying too hard to please too many people in my view. Nobody wants
their favorite program cut. Your challenge is to explain how Kerry will make
things better. So far I've heard zip from either you or him.

We agree on one thing, then. Bush panders as bad as any of his
predecessors, and (based on spending increases) arguably worse. You
guys are painting me as a Leftie but even *I* didn't support Bush's
reckless expansion of prescription drug benefits. I didnt support his
tariffs on Canadian lumber, I didn't support his expansion of farm
subsidies, I didn't support his protectionism of steel. But somehow I
am the "Leftie" and you guys are the conservatives. Boggles the mind.

Kerry has in fact talked a great deal about bringing down the debt.
Of course the Fox media wants to talk more about Swift Boat crapola
more than about real issues. Still, Google is your friend. Or you
can go to the source at
http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/econ...nsibility.html