Witchy

Default henley block / fuse seal

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:47:31 +0000, PoP wrote:

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:21:28 +0000, Witchy
wrote:

heh! I quite like watching time-served sparkies at work 'cos they do
things I'd never dream of doing, like check to see if a cable's live
by dragging it over the back of their hand

I do much the same thing occasionally, but instead of over the back of
my hand I just swipe the cable with my finger - making sure I've got
enough momentum in my hand to take it off the power quickly should it
be live.

Works for me.

Doesn't it hurt every time? Last time I got a bolt was when I was
wiring up the 2nd of a pair of 2-way switches and I forgot it was live
and one of the lives was touching the metal back box before I wired it
up :-| Remember it vividly!

--
cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs