Eric

Did the 2SC5148 come sealed up in a Sony bag?
Did it come from Sony spare parts if it was not in a sealed bag.

Some campanys how sell TV parts might have 2 lots of transistors one the
real on at twice the price and a cheaper version that's only good for a
short time.

"diff" wrote in message
I used 2SC5148, MX0841, (Original part #'s) and OEM Sony fuse res.

I did not remove the flyback, but did micro-vacuum both boards, esp
around the flyback.

I did inspect all solder joints under Bausch&Lomb stereoscope around the
HOT and flyback.

I did not check the HOT temperature after it had run for a while. I was
lazy or thought the job was done. I have an IR probe, so it's something
to check. (I don't fancy sticking my finger in there ;-)

With this additional info, any hypotheses?

-diff

dkuhajda wrote:
Can we assume you used all Sony OEM parts?
Can we assume you removed the horizontal driver transformer and cleaned

the
connections and resoldered them?

David

diff wrote in news:0xQXc.175482$Oi.77495@fed1read04:

I have a Sony KV-35S40 that will resurrect after replacing HOT, PS
driver and 0.1 ohm fusable resistor. It plays beautifully for about a
week, 3 or 4 movies, then blows. My friend saw it go, said the
horizontal width shrank to about 80-90% over a few seconds, then poof.
Any ideas?

---