Suraj Singh

I meant to say I did not convinced at first...

(Suraj Singh) wrote in message . com...
When I first read the article I did convinced with the idea of giving
the field excitation with an AC current. It should be DC current to
restore the residual megnetism which has lost due to not using for a
long time.

I googled and found an articles after reading this, that made a little
sence.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...42/ai_55463575

you should first try with a Battery and then starting the generator
with good load. It should work.

Excitation with 120V 60 Hz AC with a bulb in series should require
only for big industrial generators.

Regards,

Suraj

"ray" wrote in message ...
Thanks Fred & James,
Your interest & advice is much appreciated.

I did get a response from another newsgroup, which advised me to have a look
at http://www.endtimesreport.com/dead_gen.html .

It turned out to be a comprehensive article entitled "RE-ENERGIZING DEAD
GENERATORS " (2.5 pages)

In short, it suggests a way of doing it by connecting the output of a spare
generator to the output of the dead generator, while the dead generator is
being driven by the petrol engine ?? uses three 60 watt globes in series
in the connecting line. ??

I am hesitant in trying this procedure, as we are talking about 240 volts
AC.....

If you could have a look at this article and give me your opinion before I
take an action that could turn out to be a really bad thing....

regards Ray