Allen S.

Dan -- thanks for this. I was wondering about this. There appears to be
absolutely no isolation in the unit now so any thing i do along those lines
should help. One thing with using the drywall screws is that I'm just
creating a more solid connection to the vibration source and that could make
things worse not better...i think you're right that isolation / dampening
may be the way to go...

"DanG" wrote in message
The problem is related to the HVAC unit. It is a typical problem with
attic mounted units. The cure is doing something to the unit, not adding
screws to the drywall.

It should be installed on isolation pads with vibrasorber connections to
any and all duct work.

An additional solution would be to suspend the unit by all- thread with
vibration damping couplings, keeping it completely off the ceiling
framing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Allen S." wrote in message
news
can someone help with this problem? i have a problem with vibration in my
(spare) bedroom ceiling that i cannot stop -- finding the source is
easy -- the furnace and a/c evaporator is directly overhead. As far as i
can tell, there's nothing wrong with either unit -- i suspect that when
the home was originally built (about 5 years ago) that somebody did a
lousy job of hanging the sheetrock and/or isolating the upstairs unit.

i have put in about 15 sheet rock screws but the vibration continues --
it's wierd, if you just barely touch the ceiling the vibration will stop
but give it about 30 seconds and it'll start back...

any suggestions? should i continue with the sheetrock screws (my ceiling
looks like a gunfight broke out! ...anyone ever had this problem...

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

---