Ian

Default Cooker Switch, back box earthing

Hi!,

I had a hideous cooker switch in my kitchen, huge thing, anyway I decided to
change it so I pulled the fuse and ripped it and the back box out. I now
have a 47mm double sized metal back box which I want to fit. I noticed the
old back box was nailed to the wall with approx. 2.5 inch nail. Is this
necessary because I think I'm going to have a hell over a job trying to
drive another one in!

Is this used just to secure the box ?, could I drill a hole and secure with
a wall plug and screw?

I'm just about to plaster the wall but want to get this new back box in
first, I use gas at the moment but plan to get an electric oven in a month
or so at which point I will get an electrician in..... for the time being
I'm going to leave the bare wires sticking out with the fuse pulled..... I
know my limits!

Any advance would be great!
Ian.