James Lerch

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:27:03 -0500, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

"James Lerch" wrote in message
. ..
Here's some pictures I took of my first run at an induction heater.
Not the greatest construction, but seems to work..

What's the deal, I don't see a capacitor... just going on transformer
action?

The first runs heating the poor allen wrench didn't use a tank
capacitor. When I moved onto the graphite they became really
important. Current problem is I'm melting the legs off the
capacitors!

http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm/Projects/...er/page_01.htm
(First runs)

http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm/Projects/...ly/page_01.htm
(Heating Graphite)

Neato! How much power and what dimensions are the load?

II'm pulling 10amps @ 24vdc from my power source during the graphite
heating experiments. The graphite is 1/2" in diameter and 1 1/2" in
length. Takes about 7 seconds to bring it up to orange heat while
running at 150mhz.

H-bridge circuit?

Yup, 3x paralleled IRFZ44 mosfets at each corner of the bridge

Take Care,
James Lerch
http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm (My telescope construction, Testing, and Coating site)

Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
Calvin Coolidge