On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:04:58 -0700, someone wrote:

We have several feeders out back and the house has large picture
windows on both floors....

LOL, great combination - for a bird trap!

Its gonna be tough to have it both ways - attract birds to your yard,
then have them not hit your windows, while at the same time having an
unobstructed view for yourselves.

Unlike a person, a bird will not understand your "signal" - that the
clear area between stickers is not open; if they understood glass you
wouldn't be having this problem to begin with.

My vote of the ideas posted so far, is the netting. You will be able
to see through it, but it would be a somewhat filtered view. Reality
bites.

BTW, I have a country home with lots of birds and no curatins, birds
hit all the time, but I have not seen any dead ones around the
footings. Maybe my birds have stronger necks, dunno.

-v.