David Micklem

Default 'Customising' kitchen appliances

In article , "nightjar"
wrote:

"David Micklem" wrote in message

On a related note to the one on built-in appliances being expensive....

I've recently bought a slimline dishwasher (used) to replace my old
Servis Secret dishwasher whose main wash pump is on its last legs (as
some of you may remember...)

Is there any reason why I shouldn't glue a panel to the front of it (or
even unscrew the metal front cover and replace it entirely) so that the
front matches the rest of the kitchen better?

I suspect it would probably invalidate the guarantee. If I were tempted to
do this, I would most likely take the whole front off and have it
professionally re-finished in the colour of my choice.

Colin Bignell

Well, its already second-hand (and 4 years old) so I doubt I'll be
getting any joy out of the guarantee anyway! I suppose I could paint
it, but it would be nicer to attach a genuinely matching front.

To other replies, I realise that there would have to be an unmatched
panel at the top (and also possible the bottom) but in the context of
my kitchen that might be less bad than the plain white panel.

Thanks All_Work.. for the comment about the extra weight - I was
worried the hinges might be the weak point, and your cousin's
experience sounds like they may rule doing it out.

Cheers,

David

--
Replace nospame with yahoo to reply
Unsolicited commercial email will incur a $100 processing fee