Scott Moore

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:
On 27 Aug 2004 16:43:32 -0700, (ken) wrote:

Otherwise you might have to install your own primary engine
generator plant (Diesel, Gasoline, Natural Gas, Propane) to run the
CNC mill from, to get the reliability you need to never stop in the
middle of a cut - that way the power will be rock steady unless the
generator breaks down, or the fuel tank runs dry.

-- Bruce --

For electronics, we used (I forget the term), an "in line" or "on line"
generator. Its a very heavy motor/generator combination with desel drive.
The idea is that the power comes from the generator, but it is driven by
a power line motor. The inertia of the large motor/generator rotors smooth
the power out through dips in the line, and also will give enough time
for the desel engine to start up if the power fails completely.

Where I worked at Cisco, we had generators in their own separate buildings
outside. During the year that California had bad blackouts, the lights
would go out, and we would go outside, where, of course it was broad
daylight (air conditioning loads usually caused the outtages). There was
a huge noise, and there were these generators going full tilt, in a line
as far as the eye could see, literally several city blocks. It was really
cool.

--
Samiam is Scott A. Moore

Personal web site: http:/www.moorecad.com/scott
My electronics engineering consulting site:
http://www.moorecad.com
ISO 7185 Standard Pascal web site: http://www.moorecad.com/standardpascal
Classic Basic Games web site: http://www.moorecad.com/classicbasic
The IP Pascal web site, a high performance, highly portable ISO 7185 Pascal
compiler system: http://www.moorecad.com/ippas

Being right is more powerfull than large corporations or governments.
The right argument may not be pervasive, but the facts eventually are.