Jim Helfer

todd the wood junkie wrote:
I got 50 bf of osage about 3 months ago. A local sawyer offered to
mill the log for me at 1 buck a bf. I said sure, and I bought the
wood thinking it would make beautiful outdoor furniture. He sliced
the wood into 6-8" wide boards all about 6 ft long, and I stickered it
in my garage with a fan blowing on it.

Now I'm not so sure I want to make outdoor furniture out of it. I
didn't realize at the time, but osage sells for much more than I
purchased it for (I've seen upwards of 15/bf) and I want to make
something really cool out of it. I used just a tiny little in making
a cutting board and it is the coolest wood I've ever worked with.

Any ideas what to do with this treasure?

They make traditional bows out of osage.....