Bruce L. Bergman

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:48:39 +0800, David R Brooks
wrote:
Bob Engelhardt wrote:

:I have no idea what this is:
:http://home.comcast.net/~bobengelhardt/tube.jpg
:but it looks like it would handle a couple of kw. Writing on it:
:"Amperex
:4 PR 125A"

It's a tetrode, with anode dissipation 125W. Given a Class-C stage has
a best efficiency of 66%, that means you could get 300W max. from it.

I guessed that much - but what's the useful operating frequency
range, and how much power does the driver stage need to push it?
Enquiring minds want to know... ;-)

(Not that I know someone who used to get annoyed at being talked
over, warm up a 10KW amp on 11M CB, and calmly continue the
conversation where they left off...) :-0

Oh, and is it one of the ones that requires a special socket and
glass airflow chimney, or other expensive bits? Even if the tube is
free, buying the socket for it might kill the deal.

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545