James Sweet

"ray" wrote in message
Thanks Fred & James,
Your interest & advice is much appreciated.

I did get a response from another newsgroup, which advised me to have a

look
at http://www.endtimesreport.com/dead_gen.html .

It turned out to be a comprehensive article entitled "RE-ENERGIZING DEAD
GENERATORS " (2.5 pages)

In short, it suggests a way of doing it by connecting the output of a

spare
generator to the output of the dead generator, while the dead generator is
being driven by the petrol engine ?? uses three 60 watt globes in series
in the connecting line. ??

I am hesitant in trying this procedure, as we are talking about 240 volts
AC.....

If you could have a look at this article and give me your opinion before

take an action that could turn out to be a really bad thing....

regards Ray

That sounds kinda dangerous! I suggest a safer route, take a 6v lantern
battery, or some D batteries in series, a 12v gel-cell, whatever and connect
it to the output of the dead generator for a few seconds.