Tim Mitchell

Default 'Customising' kitchen appliances

In article , Christian
McArdle writes
Is there any reason why I shouldn't glue a panel to the front of it (or
even unscrew the metal front cover and replace it entirely) so that the
front matches the rest of the kitchen better?

The best you can hope for is it convert to "semi-integrated" with a drawer
line sized panel at the top, if you're lucky. The fully integrated models
are quite different from free standing, as they must use electronic control
(not motorised timer) with buttons in the top edge of the door. Otherwise,
the controls would be visible when the door is closed.

The doors are also positioned differently to allow for the height of the
plinth at the bottom. On non-integrated stuff the door usually goes down
much lower.

I looked into this when redoing our kitchen because I was a bit shocked
by the much higher price of integrated appliances. But there isn't
really a way round it that looks OK.
--
Tim Mitchell