Carl Stigers

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

Whatsamatter Carl? Don't you want to educate the rest of us? The purpose
of this newsgroup is to SHARE information. Are you just shy?

Actually I am not shy however due to the large amount of posts to the group
I may not get in except every four or five days. I work a lot of hours and
figured that if e mail gets me every other day at least I would not be so
behind.

A note on copper pipe. You need the hot water thick style for air to meet
code. I believe it is L or K. When you go to home depot they have both.
The thicker tube is more expensive. While you can go with black pipe most
of you here in the group would end up with rust problems after a number of
years. Not many of you will have an air dryer. However if there is a
serious woodworker looking for a 5 HP unit with a built in dryer take a look
at the Atlas Copco SF unit. it is a scroll unit that has a dryer built in
and is very quiet. Oil free dry air. I think they run about 4 grand
though. The small shops with production should be looking at an Atlas Copco
GA11 to 18 model with Full Feature dryer and tank. Using the heavy rated
copper for your piping will ensure that you do not have rust. By the way
PVC will not meet code in any state of the union for air piping as the glues
are broken down by the oil carry over from recip compressors. The
explosions and rapid decompressions are absolutely amazing though. I saw a
100 gallon tank loose its PVC connection and it bent a 9"steel I Beam by 5"
in the center and bowed out a 15 foot concrete block wall almost 18" no one
was killed but we had to walk around these large brown lumps all over the
floor where the shop employee's had been standing....