Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Al Reynolds wrote:
I happened on the idea of having a patio on the
flat roof of my extension. Only problem is, all
the flat roofs I have ever seen in the UK have
that felt and membrane option where you either
(a) can't walk on it, or (b) wouldn't want to walk
on it even if you could.

I had mine constructed on the top of the addition of a Victorian semi - it
was originally a pitched tiled roof.

My architect recommended a ply base with asphalt then promenade tiles on
top of this - they are lightweight glass fibre reinforced concrete and
very very strong.

It's been totally problem free in something like 15 years. The exposed
parts of the asphalt have to be kept painted with white masonry paint to
prevent the sun melting it, but this is hardly a problem.

--
*Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.