Lurch

Default Typical domestic electrical circuits

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:52:58 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Some single width RCBOs are single pole only. Would you recommend a RCBO
that disconnects the neutral as well?

A DP is nice, as it can act as an isolator for the circuit. Particularly
useful for maintainance, or if a neutral-earth short has caused the trip on
that circuit (will prevent other RCBOs tripping too). However, there is no
requirement, AIUI. After all, an MCB is single pole.

I'd agree with that, nearly! A fault on one circuit wouldn't affect
other RCBO's unless they were upstream. If there is no upstream RCD
then SP would suffice but if there is then I would use DP.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.