Yaofeng

"xrongor" wrote in message ...
I'd replace the paper with something washable, but don't panic about
bacteria. If anything, I'd fear using anti-bacteria soap as it kills the
good with the bad and breaks down the body's ability to deal with it.
Ed

imho, this is exactly the problem. people try to 'sterilize' their home
environment but the world just isnt all that clean. i suspect that a baby
that was kept germ free for the first 3 years of life would have a tough
time if suddenly put out in the real world. that one commercial for the
sanitary wipes with the lady following her kids around wiping everything
just makes me cringe. pure scare tactic marketing.

i think it may be better to just let them roll around in germs and toughen
up. this is all purely my opinion....

randy

Agree.

But here is something for you. How far do you go? We in the US enjoy
clean, potable water which eliminates many ailments associated with
handling of food. If you go to a country where water is sub-standard,
you are at the mercy of all kind of bacteria there. Where locals have
been very immune to them from exposure, you who come from the hygenic
US are easy prey.

I just returned from China last week for two and a half week vacation.
During that time I had three separate incidents of diahrrea.
Natrually the Imodium AD I brought made good use. I was quite
adventurous as food goes. My motto is if you can eat it, why can't I?
So I suffered the consequences as a result. Believe me, you don't
want to go through that experience.