Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:29:57 -0400, "Brikp" wrote:

In my limited experience I have never seen or heard of this being done. I
want to know if I am nutz, misguided, mis-informed, ignorant or brilliant!

My Griz 1023s table saw and mobile base is on its way. I need a general
purpose workbench as well. I was thinking that once I had my TS in place
where I would use it most of the time that I would build my workbench at the
same height and butt up against the table saw table. I figure I could use
this as an outfeed table when needed and as a general purpose bench at other
times. I was also thinking of incorporating a router and some t-tracks.
Storage and compressor underneath.

For the most part, probably not a bad idea, but I'd make it an assembly
table rather than workbench. The tablesaw height is a bit low for a
workbench unless you are fairly short; you are likely to cause yourself
significant back pain by having to stoop over the bench for extended
periods. Storage under the outfeed table is a brilliant idea (that' what I
do :-) ).

Good or bad idea?

TIA