Nate Perkins

Mark & Juanita wrote in message . ..
On 24 Aug 2004 10:46:56 -0700, (Nate Perkins)
wrote:

All of this Swift Boat Veterans for Truth business has reached a
fairly comical point.

To me it is indicative of the total lack of credibility and lack of
tangible results that the Bush administration has. When you have no
record to run on, the only thing you can do is sling a whole bunch of
mud and hope that some portion of the public is ignorant enough to
believe it.

What? I agree that this has come to a pretty comical point, but your
post falls into the comedy of the absurd. Kerry is the guy who brought up
his war record as a primary qualification for his ascension to the
presidency. Kerry, since the beginning of the year was touting the fact
that "he volunteerd for Vietnam", was "highly decorated", then returned
home to "fight against the war he thought was unjust.

(snipped all the rest)

I don't have the time to answer all of the same essays from half a
dozen Bush supporters who still want to cling to the idea that the
stories of the Swift Boat guys hold water. I don't have time to
answer all of the same essays from guys who still believe in trickle
down economics and who think the size of government or the deficit has
shrunk under the Republicans. II don't have time to answer all the
same essays from guys who think we are better off having alienated all
of our allies with unilateral actions and who still believe WMDs might
really be out there.

You guys are part of the 30% core that will vote for Bush no matter
what he does, and no matter how things go. It might be a consolation
to know that even Herbert Hoover received 38.6% of the vote in 1932.