HR

Another thing to try, and this may not look so pretty (but maybe nicer than
the netting) is to hang a single rope in front of the window that will blow
in the breeze slightly. That, coupled with decals, helped one of my family
members deal with this quite nicely.

I don't know how big a bird has to be to break a window - but if the dove hit
it and didn't break it, that's a good sign...

I am not sure about anything else, but I wonder if there is an
anti-reflective or some kind of tinting material you can affix to the window
that might help? Maybe you can call a window company and ask what they
recommend?

Good luck. That must have been really startling (and saddening) to hear that
last crash!

Holly

: On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:04:58 -0700, John Davies
: wrote:

:We have several feeders out back and the house has large picture
:windows on both floors. Five (!!!) birds in the last two weeks have
:been killed through flying into the glass (4 finches and 1 mourning
:dove - this last one sounded like a bomb going off) . We have tried
:the self-stick decals, and they seem to not work. What is the next
:step - colored streamers hanging from the eaves?