Bart V

Default Tool rest base question

Hi folks,
My lathe's tool rest base no longer locks so it can slide easily along
the bed. I'm thinking this is not a good thing but haven't come up
with any ideas to fix it. The lock bolt pushes a little brass plug
onto the bed to lock it into position and guessing this plug might be
stuck, I tried squirting some oil in the hole hoping it would free it
up. Also stuck a rod thingie in the hole and tapped it lightly with a
hammer. Neither did the trick and it still won't lock into position.
Oh, the lathe is a no-frill 37" Canadian Tire jobbie. Looking forward
to any suggestions,
Thanks,
Bart.
P.S. turned my first bowl this week without any catches, yay!
-
Check my most up to date email address at:
www.haruteq.com/contact.htm
banjo bridges, tabs, stained glass:
www.haruteq.com

**may your moments of need be met by moments of compassion**