James Lerch

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:52:18 -0500, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

http://webpages.charter.net/dawill/t..._IndHeat1.html

Next, bigger power transformer and active device (aka transmitter tube).
Which reminds me, anyone have a 500-2000W tube on hand? Preferably not
forced-air or water cooled, but if so, then how about a blower for my pair
of 4CX250R's...

Tim

Hi Tim.,

Here's some pictures I took of my first run at an induction heater.
Not the greatest construction, but seems to work..

http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm/Projects/...er/page_01.htm
(First runs)

http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm/Projects/...ly/page_01.htm
(Heating Graphite)

The next step is to get this to work inside my vacuum chamber, and use
it to evaporate quartz.

BTW, I found this site to be very helpful during my design phase:

http://dave.golfbuddys.com/hvguy/

Take Care,
James Lerch
http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm (My telescope construction, Testing, and Coating site)

Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
Calvin Coolidge