HeatMan

"Marty" wrote in message
om...
One time when I was on a boat to China, I had the job of baby sitting
the refrigerated container vans. One of the 'reefers' developed a leak
in the evaporater. Since the set point was -13F and the refrigerant
was R134a air leaked into the evaporater. Then the air migrated into
the condenser and caused a reduction in cooling ability and high
discharge pressure. Now here is the part I don't understand. What the
'reason' why the air migrated into the condenser??????????????

As I see it, virtually all the refrigerant would have had to leak out to
allow air to get into the system.

How low did the refrigerant level get?