HeatMan

"Brad C" wrote in message
There is no refrigerant leak. They did perform a flush/recharge of the

refrigerant because the pressure was fluctuating
from 55 - 70. After the flush/recharge, they added a little more

refrigerant to get it to the optimal pressure.

A flush/recharge? sounds like the installers didn't do the job right to
start with. If the pressures were flucuating, that usually means you had
non-condensibles in the system. Did the evacuate the system after recovery
and installation if a filter/dryer in the refrigerant lines?

Fortunately, they are doing all this under warranty. They checked the

compressor and said there was nothing wrong.

I just checked the returns for leaks and couldn't detect anything. If

there were leaks, that wouldn't explain why the
unit doesn't cool the air more in the early morning when the attic is

between 70 and 73 degrees. As you said, it would
have a major effect when the attic is hot during the day.

I change the filters regularly. Downstairs is changed every 2 months,

upstairs every 3-4 months. I've never pulled a
dirty filter out at those intervals, they are slightly discolored. I check

them every month, and they never need to be
changed that often. If there was a leak in the return, I would probably

need to change them more often, you agree ?

What kind of filters are you using? Has the company checked blower speeds
and how clean the blower wheel/evap coil is?