Paul R

Sorry, but I must express my own experience. In fitting my DIY kitchen, any
time I had a problem (like dented sink unit or bashed in corners of panels)
B&Q resolved the matter at their cost without any delay or issue.

The ONLY negative was when I had half fitted the sink into the worktop
cutout, and found I was a couple of clips short. B&Q couldn't help
(although I could have returned the sink!) and the manufacturer took a week
to send me some - in stepped Howden Joinery, who gave me a pack of clips at
no cost, which solved my problem.

So I personally would not slate B&Q, and I am entirely happy with the
quality of their carcases and fittings (I bought my doors and handles
elsewhere).

Paul R
"Dave" wrote in message
Ian, do not, under any circumstance, buy anything from that company.
They buy cheap, sell expensive and try to give you only 12 months

guarantee,
contrary to the sale of goods act.

Find a local kitchen supplier and pin them down to a cost and quality
contract, even if you are contemplating DIY. That way, you will have a

local
contact that you can take to a small claims court for a smaller amount

than
Buy and queue (wriggly snake comes to mind here), if anything goes wrong.

doubt it will go this way with a local contractor, as he will want to get
referenced work from what he does for you.

HTH

Dave

---