Martin McCrorey

The stock blade sucks. It is purely for throwing away.

You can walk into any Home Depot and go over to the display BS1400, and
run your finger up the side of the blade. It has a set on one side but
not the other. As near as I can tell, they die cut it and did not
sharpen or set the teeth at all.

A new Timberwolf (not too pricey if you go to suffolkmachinery.com, or
one of those high-end Olsons (Olsens?) they sell at Woodcraft or
Rockler, will change things completely.

My BS1400 is OK (and it was priced quite low last Christmas), although I
thought the motor mounts were a pretty disgraceful design, the wheels
were somewhat out of balance and the belt was shipped with a bandsaw
laying on top of it, which didn't help the vibration situation too much.
A link belt, wheel balance and altogether re-engineering the motor
mounts helped. If I had it to do over I would save up and get the
Grizzly "ultimate" 14, which has a fence, more motor, better dust port,
more solid looking base and ball bearing side guides.