Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 03:12:47 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

"philski writes:

Bush is quite the hypocrite huh? Claims to be a Christian but acts like
anything but.....

After all, politics is a contact sport.

IMHO, the whole right wing that has grabbed control of the Republican party
the last 10-15 years are a bunch of hypocrites.

Basically, it is their way or the highway.

... and that's why Ted Kennedy got to write the education bill to his
liking, why school vouchers were defeated and no strong push back was made.
That's why campaign finance reform was signed into law despite the fact
that the constitution specifically says, "Congress shall make NO law
abridging the freedom of speech..." which is exactly what CFR does (hence
the recent flap about 527C organizations). That's why the largest
entitlement increase in 40 years (prescription drugs) was passed and signed
into law. That's why steel tariffs were instituted a couple of years ago.
Yep, the far right really grabbed the reigns and had their way.

Let's see, to be fair, there were a few points the right did get:
It got a tax break for all taxpayers. It did manage to pass a law
prohibiting what is essentially infanticide (my son was born at the same
gestation period as these procedures permit the unanesthetized incision
into the head and suctioning of the brain, thus there is no argument about
these being "nonviable" tissue masses) illegal. Of course, some activist
judges have overturned that law, ruling that it must include provisions to
permit said procedures for "the mother's health", despite the fact there is
no medical evidence that this procedure could in any circumstance save a
mother's life since it is essentially indistinguishable from live birth or
a cesarian section. And there was a decisive response to the attack on the
US. I suspect we would still be wrangling with the UN and the Taliban,
with perhaps a few cruise missile launches had the other side won in 2000.

Yep, definitely my way or the highway, uh-huh.

Just my thoughts.

Lew