Owen Lawrence

"Bonza" wrote in message
om...
(Ron Bean)
Did they have specific issues with your design, or just with your
credentials?

They never looked at the design. Only the concept of a non-elevator
company installing what they considered to be an elevator.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what would be an "elevator" and what
wouldn't. (Anything that lifts something up is an elevator, when you think
about it.) Would a scissor lift get rejected, even if you bought it from a
commercial vendor?

The only other idea I have (and I guess others have suggested it) is a
vertical conveyor, like buckets (or boxes) going up full on one side, and
coming down empty on the other. If they were on gimbals you woudn't have to
worry about the contents ever tipping out, as long as you kept the CG low
enough. Such a beast could be completely loaded at one end, until all the
boxes were full, and completely emptied at the other end by just having a
pair of start and stop buttons at each end. You could add whatever
interlocks you need to keep it from being started when the gate is open.
I'm also picturing lots of empty space in the hollow shaft so if something
did start up when it shouldn't a person would have room enough to move out
of the way.

Are you going to have two people to load and empty this thing, or are you
just trying to minimize trips upstairs by the one person that must load it?

- Owen -