jakdedert

Charles Schuler wrote:
"Eric" wrote in message
Most of us, because we were taught that way, use a wet sponge.

But the local university says, you should never use a wet sponge.

I worked at universities for 33 years and can tell you that they are
not necessarily the last word ... on any subject. I use the sponge
that came with my soldering station and it works just fine!

I once had someone try to tell me (this forum?) that harmful fumes would be
given off from synthetic sponges. I don't believe it myself. About all
that gets 'burned' is the water the sponge is periodically soaked in. The
sponge itself doesn't even get scorched if kept well hydrated.

jak