Charlie Self

Mike Hide responds:

I love it, first your vaunted leader calls all Vietnam vets war criminals,
now you are trashing the national guard ,what next.

Read or listen to Kerry's testimony instead of the overblown BS from Limbaugh
and his ilk. Kerry never branded all Nam vets as war criminals. His testimony
came about a year, IIRC, after Wm. Calley's trial and the massive rehashing of
the My Lai massacre.

And trashing the '60s and '70s ANG was a reasonable activity back then. As I
said before, the story is different today, though problems remain. The ANG of
the '60s and '70s was a farce, or it was about 90% of the time.

We'll pass over the DWI and drug abuse allegations.

Are those your allegations ? or the allegations of some of your fellow
democrats

Nah. Just a record that Bush refuses to discuss.

And, as Alex noted, Bush made damned good and sure he wasn't where he'd get a
scratch. Flying jets is a difficult job, but flying is not as difficult as it
is made out to be, and there are a lot of built-in safety factors, especially
when you're flying outmoded machinery that cannot be brought up to grade on
modern weapons systems. There's not a lot of emphasis on stressing the
machinery, or the personnel, when there is no chance of real-life use. And,
anyway, Bush got off flying status as quickly as he could.

Charlie Self
"A judge is a law student who marks his own examination papers." H. L. Mencken