Wally

One way or the other, magazines will offer a wide variety of projects
from small to large... there's nothing wrong with that and I'm happy
with it too. Some projects make you go through your pile of offcuts
and some others will take months to be completed.

The concern the original poster was more about the fact that the Arts
& Crafts and the Mission styles are all over the place and there's
tons of free plans you can get on the Internet. Despite this fact,
magazines keep publishing those projects like they just invented it.
Getting some new stuff and great designs is a lot harder... WOOD
decided to go the Art's & Crafts route after they came out with some
pretty good and modern stuff in the past.

Let WOOD concentrate on stupid glue tests and blade cleaner tests
while I let my subscription lapse and look other magazines for nicer
projects.

Wally

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:02:46 GMT, "Walter Johnson"
wrote:

I recently spent a while going through about 3 years of Wood looking for a
small project and found only one. Rest of them were cutsey dustcatchers,
including the scroll-saw project I finally selected. Most of the mag is
large projects that I don't have the skill or desire or need to build.

Just wondered if it was me.

W.

"BeniBoose" wrote in message
. com...
Just got the latest issue of WOOD Magazine in the mail yesterday...

Took me about 5 minutes to read it cover to cover. Gheeez, is it me or
this magazine has been pumping some pretty deceptive issues in the
past 4-5 months? They keep showing off some old furniture made out of
oak. Eurk! Arts & Crafts has been all over the magazines for decades.
Thousands of versions have been made of the same damn coffee table,
nightstand, bed, dresser, chest of drawers, etc. Can we see some other
projects made with something else than oak?

I'm already regretting my 2 years subscription.

Oh ho, almost 4h00PM, it's time for my pill.

Cyberben