Hamie

JK wrote:
Michael Mcneil wrote:

"JK" wrote in message

sPoNiX wrote:

What did your surveyor say, when he reported on the house?

He appears not to have noticed it. To be fair on him, I did not have
a full structural done, and the crack was well concealed behind a
wardrobe.

It beats me why people tie themselves up to the most outrageously
expensive time consuming status symbol they can imagine without getting
a full survey done for a few hundred quid.

Start taking evening classes in bricklaying and pin the word fool to the
bottom of your mirror.

Remarkably helpful. Hope you feel better for that. I do feel a bit
foolish as it happens, but at the same time I do not believe a surveyor
would have seen it; my experience of them in the past has been "We were
not able to inspect blah blah due to the presence of a heavy carpet" and
so on.

Same.

I had a full structural done on my place when we bought it. The damn
thing was full of things like Didn't check roof because it was out of
reach of their ladder. Didn't chekc loft space, ladder was too short.
Didn't check floorboards because of carpet. Didn't check built-in gas
heaters because they don't do that... Didn't check plumbing... geta
plumber. Didn't check electrics. get an electrician.

Actually not sure what they did check in the end...