Jeridiah

I stopped listening to NPR when they became the Monica
Lewinsky station, giving 24/7 coverage to Clinton's
impeachment - an event even the Republicans admitted
was a non-starter - and repeating the M.L. words about
5000 times a minute. I went to local newscasts (mainly
because they continued reporting NEWS) and shortwave
and haven't looked back, since.

I took the opposite route. I don't remember Monica getting such heavy
coverage, but have grown exceedingly tired of all of the
sensationalism present in "commercial" news. It's all for effect and
little is actual news anymore.

In any case, no one source of media can be trusted. You have to
cross-reference everything across several different news sources and
pick out the common thread. Each one has a different
interpretation/presentation. If you get enough opinions, you should
be able to figure out what the real story is.

Unless you were actually there, you can't know for sure that they are
telling you everything. I have been at enough events covered in media
to know that what they say and what happened are not always the
same(in fact rarely). Not to say that they lie, but they have
selective editing that skews the perception in a particular way that
may seem different than what really happened.

JW