dave @ stejonda

In message
,
D.M. Procida writes
I've never got on well with deodorants, and have generally never needed
or used them. The more I use them the more I find I need to be
deodorised, so I avoid them (I think it might be because they block the
pores or something like that). I sweat as much as anyone else, but it
usually doesn't smell stale. Sometimes it does have an unpleasant whiff,
which is hard to shift. Thorough washing with soap and water often
doesn't seem to help much.

I've started using TCP (rubbed on with a little wad on of cotton wool)
on those days when I think I'm likely to get hot and sticky, and so far
it seems to be efficacious, even if I do smell a bit disinfected at
times. Are there any alternatives?

I've been using Pitrok for several years now. It's a crystal rock which
you apply to wet skin. It claims not to block pores but to create an
environment unpleasant for the whiff-producing bacteria. It certainly
seems to work for me. It's available from health food stores and from
their web-site http://www.pitrok.co.uk/ It's also available as a spray
but that seems less effective.

--
dave @ stejonda