Dave Hinz

On 26 Aug 2004 18:25:43 GMT, Charlie Self wrote:

It really amuses me how the "leftist" press ignored Shrub's early coke
abuse...for no real reason except that he refused to talk about it? C'mon.
Clinton takes a couple hits off a joint and every Republican in the world
becomes holier-than-thou

FFS, Charlie, just like everything else, it was about SlickWillie
_lying_ about it, rather than the act itself. "I didn't inhale".
Give me a freaking break. Had he said "Yeah, I did it, I was young
and stupid at the time", it would have been another nothing. It's
his continual, habitual, can't help himself from doing it lying that
grates on people. I don't care that he got a hummer from the intern.
I don't particulary even care that he got it when he was supposed to
be on the clock. What I _do_ care about is him getting on TV, staring us
right in the eye, and doing the "I want you to listen to me. I did not..."
lie. Lying under oath to congress is a pretty big thing as well.

His actions aren't the big problem, his continual lying about them is.