J. Clarke

Wyatt Wright wrote:

I'm putting some saloon type doors on an entrace to a deck. I want
the doors to be self closing like saloon doors. I have searched the
web quite a bit and only found wimpy cafe hinges that do not seem
suitable for outdoor use or for the weight of the door.

Any suggestions on where I can find a more robust set of hinges would
be appreciated.

The thing you're looking for is a "double acting spring hinge"

You might want to take a look at
http://www.mckinneyhinge.com/subcatalog.cfm?cat_id=125. They have them
for doors weighing up to 325 pounds. Apparently you have to order them
through Yale or Essex locksmiths.

Also http://www.locksearch.com/S_PARKER/Hinges.htm that has a different
brand and appears to accept online orders.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)