Jay Chan

Instead of a rolling outfeed table, what about one that fastens to the back
of the table saw and folds down when not in use? Whatever imperfections on
the floor might be, the table would always be the correct height for the
table saw.

Actually, that was the first thing came to my mind when I was
designing the outfeed table. But it won't work well because my table
saw is a "contractor" table saw, not a "cabinet" table saw. It has the
motor assembly at the back of the table saw sticking out a good 12" or
so. This means if I attach an outfeed table to the back of the table
saw, I can only fold it _up_, I will have a hard time designing it in
a way that I can fold it _down_ because the motor is in the way.

I am sure that I can fold it down _if_ I design it very carefully and
with many clever operating joints. But that will be too "precise" for
me to pull it off. I just want something relatively simple and will
not go wrong.

Thanks anyway.

Jay Chan