pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On 26 Aug 2004 12:16:13 -0700, (Marty) wrote:

One time when I was on a boat to China, I had the job of baby sitting
the refrigerated container vans. One of the 'reefers' developed a leak
in the evaporater. Since the set point was -13F and the refrigerant
was R134a air leaked into the evaporater.

That's not why it happened. it happened because there was a
leak in a system that is supposed to be hermetically sealed.

Then the air migrated into
the condenser and caused a reduction in cooling ability and high
discharge pressure. Now here is the part I don't understand. What the
'reason' why the air migrated into the condenser??????????????

Because there was a leak.

Or ' it was European air, which is migratory, as opposed to
African air, which is not'.

Or some ****ing thing like that.

Bottom line - you need to go get yourself an education in
HVAC/R before even asking questions like that.

HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online
http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free Temperature / Pressure charts for 38 Ref's http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/