Andy Hall

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:05:51 GMT, Pet wrote:

tony sayer wrote:

I have usefull length of Belden 9248 RG-6 75 ohm Co-ax is this any good
for Satellite dish connection?

Ta.

Yes....

Sorry, forgot to mention, Probabally looking at connecting to a
"multiswitch" in the loft then running to differrent rooms in the house.
I presume losses will be insignificant as a multiswitch presumably
amplifies signal as well?

You need to look carefully at the specs.

Many of them have UHF input as well as from the LNB and a separate
gain control for the UHF.

In general, they don't make an increase in the satellite signal level
as such, but amplify the signals to the extent necessary to
compensate it being potentially split N ways.
Some switches have an increasing amplification with increasing
frequency to compensate in part for the cable characteristics. There
may be an adjuster.

Look at

http://www.spaun.de/html/sms_9801_nf.html

as an example of this

The point is that multiswitches are meant to be more or less plug and
play with standard quattro LNBs and CT100 cable

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl