nightjar

"nemofish" wrote in message
news
Hi

I've recently bought a book detailing how to install hardwood floors as
I'll be installing an oak floor. However, the book is american and states
that you should use three-ply kraft paper when boarding over exisiting
floorboards. This acts as a moisture barrier, reduces noise and provides
a clean working surface. Can anyone tell me what the UK equivalent would
be

Kraft paper is a thick brown paper, shiny on one side, which you would
probably recognise if you saw it wrapped around a parcel. I would use paper
underlay, from a carpet shop, instead - the stuff that replaced interesting
old newspapers under lino.

Colin Bignell