Norman D. Crow

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"todd the wood junkie" wrote in message

Is the second worth the 200 bucks for the 1/4 hp and enclosed (I
assume heavier) stand?

I think so. The added hp is nice for re-sawing. The closed base usually

is
more sturdy and easier to clean around.

Time for my $.25. Went from a POS Skil 10" three wheeler to the Grizzly
G0555. The saw, riser kit, Shop Fox base and 2 extra 105" blades cost me
$586.92. I made the trip to Williamsport store and picked it up, about 450
mi. round trip, plus some "drool time" in the store. Had to pay PA sales
tax, but figured that + gasoline about offset shipping. Had a minor problem
w/setup after putting on riser kit, which I described in other posts here.

Haven't really had that much time to play with it as yet, too busy with
other things, but I'll give some of the reasons for getting the G0555: 2
speed, 1 HP, 12" resaw w/riser, all roller guides, and 4" dust port so I can
hook directly to DC instead of having to use shop vac. The open base on this
unit is very sturdy, and as far as cleaning around it, the mobile base makes
that easy.

What little bit I've used the saw, I'm very pleased. At this point I would
not hesitate to buy it again.

--
Nahmie